Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Craigslist

I need to figure out how to make money by purchasing and selling things on Craigslist. There’s just something I enjoy about meeting a stranger at their house and being invited in as a welcome guest. I like it when I can get a good sense of what type of life they live. When I first walk in to the house I breath in the essence and try to identify each smell. Most people tidy up when they know I’m coming over, but I can tell when it’s a quick job. In my experience, the people with the cleanest houses are usually the ones with the most to hide. I usually ask to use the restroom because it’s a perfect opportunity to get an inside peek to their personal life. As I run my finger across the bristles of their toothbrush, I feel like I’ve known them my whole life.

It would be nice if I actually had the money to buy the items they are selling. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to come up with excuses of why I don’t want the item. I usually tell people I have to talk it over with my wife, but I can tell they know I don’t have one because I don’t wear a ring. I should look for wedding rings on Craigslist. That way, I can tell people I lost mine and need to buy a new one. Plus, people going through divorces are likely to be teeming with emotion and might even share an intimate part of their lives with me. I’ll sleep with a rubber band around my finger tonight to start forming an indentation where a wedding ring would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment