Monday, August 30, 2010

"Push" Notifications

I once read about a guy who, since childhood would always use the restroom immediately after eating. Now as an adult, every time he eats anything, he is unable to do so without using the restroom directly after.

This got me thinking about people who use their smart phones every time they use the bathroom. I came up with an idea for an app that encourages people to use their phones every time they use the toilet. I'll call it Logger. Because they'll use it to "log" all of their BMs over time.

After years of them using the app, their bodies will associate using the app with having a bowel movement. Then, if the need should arise, I would have the ability to force a BM by sending a push notification from within the app.

I'm not sure yet how this could work to my advantage in any way, but that will come later. Perhaps I can make everyone in a ballpark use the restroom before half-time so when I have to go, the lines will be shorter. I'm sure I'll think of better uses as time goes on, but first I need to figure out how to make an app.

1 comment: