Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Library

I went to the library today to return my books on resume writing. It sure is difficult to find work in this economy. I'm still not sure what I want to do for a career. I should have checked to see if the library was hiring. I love organizing and alphabetizing things. I also love the feel and smell of used books. The oils of countless people's fingers seeped into every page. Each stain and wrinkle tells a story even more compelling than the one written on the page. I just checked out "The Boy in Striped Pajamas" and there was a blurred spot in the end from a tear drop. I think publishers should intentionally place a few drops in the sad parts if their books. That way, if the readers don't cry, they'll feel like they should have. Kind of like a laugh track on a sitcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment