Sunday, August 29, 2010

Homelessness Research

I've always assumed people became homeless as a last resort, but I've been doing some research that indicates it may be a viable option. I have a car that has back seats that fold forward from the trunk. I took some measurements and it looks like my foam pad should fit in there nicely for a bed. The YMCA has a gym, showers, and a bathroom for only $25 per month. I spend most of my days at the library, the park, or just around town anyways so I'm just throwing money away for space I'm not even using 90% of the time. I just need to get a P.O. box and find places to park my car where it won't get towed. I'll save $750 a month on rent and can use that money to travel around the country. I would need a place to keep my bees though. I don't think they'd like it in the car.

2 comments:

  1. WalMart is a good place to park your car... they're open 24/7 so you can even use their toilet if you need to at 3am.

    I bet you could keep your bees in the WalMart parking lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! That will save me from having to keep urine bags in my car. I should also check to see if they have couches there. I could grab a book off the isle and unwind at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete