Friday, August 20, 2010

The Strange Men

I took the bus to the mall today because my car was being looked at and I saw two men get on at Main St. I didn’t notice anything strange about them at first other than the fact that they both had similarly bad haircuts. I knew something wasn’t right when one of them looked to the other and whispered something. After observing them for some time, I was able to determine that they were time travelers from the 1930’s. They were wearing modern clothes, but seemed uncomfortable in them. In the 30’s, men wore hats and suits with jackets in public and these men had the disposition of someone wearing pajamas in public even though they were wearing jeans and polo shirts. When they paid their fare, they seemed reluctant to part with such a large amount of money. $1.30 was a lot of money back then and I heard one of them say “A dollar thirty for a bus ride...well, I’ll be”. In the end, it was the haircuts that gave it away. People can wear different clothes and learn slang and different dialects, but the way a person does his hair is a habit that cannot be easily broken. Not many people know this but haircuts, or the lack of, are also a good way to determine if someone is an android. Android hair doesn’t grow. I have a list of people who’s hair length I’m monitoring. I need to find a better way to take samples without having another confrontation like last time.

Now that I know for sure that time travel is indeed possible, I should get my old prototype out of the storage unit and take another go at it. I also need to go outside and see if that homeless man is still looking at my car. If he is, I might need to light it on fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment